The Senior Drilling Engineer will develop well design and layout optimizing the investments and applying the highest standards of engineering integrity, safety and environmental protection. He /she will draft drilling plan and support its execution providing engineering advice, and updating, when necessary, well design and execution plans. Follow up activities with special attention to HSEQ aspects.
Main accountabilities and responsibilities
- Overall technical integrity of well design and drilling execution plan.
- Well design and program optimization.
- Planning and engineering drilling operations in order to achieve technical objectives in safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Preparing drilling programs including all information as specified in Company procedure and policies.
- Preparing estimated cost breakdown of wells to be drilled or worked over.
- Operations follow-up and assisting rigsite operations for specific jobs..
- Recommending changes in some aspects of drilling program (if necessary) to improve drilling methods and techniques.
- Making recommendations when drilling problem occurs.
- Tracking and benchmarking drilling performance and costs.
- Preparing post well reports.
- Carrying out special studies and reports on any aspects of drilling operations as required.
- Providing digital data useful to follow up well operations and produce well profile print-outs and overpressure study. To critically study these data, detect anomalies and propose corrective actions if needed.
- Assisting in the preparation and evaluation of tenders.
- Ensuring the application of new drilling technologies.
- Ensuring the application of Eni Policy and NCS regulations & rules.
Bachelor Degree in Engineering or higher.
English and Norwegian, fluent verbal and written.
- 10 years of Oil & Gas Industry experience.
- 7 years of drilling engineering experience.
Required knowledge technical or professional skills
Drilling Activities: Drilling Operation, Horizontal Drilling, Dril.Fluids&Cement&Cem.Op.Design/Operat., Well drilling experience, SubSea Weel Head System. Floating Rig.
Standards: Experience of design and operations under prevailing Norwegian standards and particularly NORSOK D010, D01, M01, OLF017, etc.
High Profile Drilling: Extended Reach Drilling, Hp/Ht Drilling, Simultaneous Drilling, Wellbore Stability/Sand. Production/Prediction & Control.
DeepWater: Dual Activity operations
E&P Management: Standard Workflow - Best Practices.
Economics General: Cost estimating/budgeting/cost analysis/control.
Contracting: Variations and Claim Resolution.
Techn.Specific. & Bidding: Technical & Contract. Specific. Prep. (Engineering), Preparation and development of technical Standard, Tender technical evaluation.
Required personal competencies
- Judgment, initiative, problem solving, attention to details, planning, organisation, time management.
- Aware of reaction patterns.
- Calm and clear.